Latest Pages added to Doctor Recommended Stress Relief. New Years Resolution;
Eco Friendly Products;
Creating a Mission Statement;
Creating a Vision Statement;
Home Based Web Business;
Raw Food for Dogs;
Organic Raw Food;
Acai Berry Benefits;
How to Detox: a 10-Step Process
Do you know how to detox your body?
Do you even understand how and why toxins get deposited in our bodies in the first place?
Here is the story on our body's natural defences and how they break down...let's first understand how we got to where we got, before we learn the 10 steps to return our bodies to its innate and natural state of well-being:
- As children, we get rid of toxins through our skin, digestive system or respiratory system - that is why most childhood illnesses are associated with rashes, eczema, fevers, diarrhea, vomiting and coughing.
- But as we age and these primary elimination centers get clogged with accumulating pollutants, the toxins begin to penetrate deeper organs and tissues. As a result, toxins begin to overload our kidneys, reproductive organs, muscles, joints and cardiovascular system in that specific order.
- The last organs to be affected are our heart and brain, ending with diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
We store toxins in tissues where they will do the least amount of damage first. For example, we store pesticides and plastic bi-products in our breasts and heavy metals in our bones, but in the end, if we do not detoxify regularly, we move into final stages of toxicity: Cancer.
Because cancer and other terminal diseases are often largely related to toxic over-burden, much more information on how to detox is shared in the Healthy Breast Yoga course that I am certified to teach. This is a wonderful course that comes with a very useful manual written by Sat Dharam Kaur, N.D., from which all of these concepts are taken.
If you would like to know more about how to detox, and specifically about Healthy Breasts, please consider taking the Healthy Breast Yoga Course.
How To Detox in 10 Easy Steps:
Freeing the toxins trapped in our cells requires consistent and dedicated detoxification strategies. Here are 10 tips on how to detox:
- Assist the cells in moving the toxins across the cell membrane: begin with an omega-3 supplement, flaxseed oil or a product known as tre-en-en, made from the oils of whole grains; maintain an alkaline diet; and use various drainage remedies as prescribed by a holistic practitioner.
- Increase your Exercise: This will improve circulation, increase your oxygen intake and decrease the waste product of carbon dioxide, once again shifting the acid base balance of your body.
- Increase Lymphatic Flow: To do this, practice deep breathing exercises, exercise regularly including rebounding (jumping on a small trampoline), and incorporate dry skin brushing into your daily shower routine.
- Improve Immune System Strength: Learn about Nutrition for Life as you nourish your body with whole foods, as well as begin to balance your diet with whole food vitamins and minerals and consider juicing or using a Vitamix Blender.
- Improve Bile Flow through Liver Detoxification.
- Improve Kidney Drainage: Learn about how much water to drink and make sure your water is from a pure source, without added chemicals like chlorine or fluoride, and if possible, look into the benefits of alkaline water if possible.
- Improve Bowel Flora: Taking a probiotic supplement is important to boost your immune strength and rid your body of harmful bacteria, viruses and parasites.
- Improve Bowel Elimination: Ideally you should have 3 bowel movements a day, and you can increase elimination by increasing your fiber intake. One of the best ways to do this is through the use of a dietary fiber supplement and using a Vitamix Blender to make daily Green Smoothies.
- Sweat: Through regular exercise and the use of regular infrared saunas.
- Get enough Rest: Since we detoxify mostly at night, when our body is at rest, you may need some help in terms of natural sleep aids. Things like Yoga and Meditation can be helpful, as well as investing in an organic mattress, such as a natural latex mattress.
Whew...that was a LOT of information on how to detox.
Take your time to 'digest' it all and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Yours in Wellness,